Interactive Content development
Interactive content always leads to better understanding, absorption and retention of the concept. In the process of evaluating the level of interaction within the content, two important aspects should be observed:
- The level of interaction
- Complexity of the content
It is imperative for effective interactive content that the above mentioned elements mutually influence each other. As mentioned earlier, interaction plays a vital role in retention of the material acquired. The knowledge exchange that takes place between the learner and the environment assesses the degree of interaction. ELK Education believes in creating interactive content for the learner that alters the behaviour in order to achieve the educational goal.
The level of interaction in the content can be divided into 2 forms. ELK Education offers expert services in the development of both kinds of interactive content, depending upon the level of complexity and requirement.
- Low level interaction: Often plain textual content is delivered through low level interaction in content. This type of content may not give the output of high level education. Even if it keeps the learner inclined to the learning process, it only gives the freedom to navigate through the course content at a click and nothing more beyond that. It leads to superficial absorption of the content and not high level desired education.
- High-Level Interaction: In contrast to low level interactive content, the high level interaction gives the freedom to the learner to involve and interfere in the process of learning. This may be done by asking questions, taking up a simulation or animation interaction. It often also creates high level of output and retention. This kind of high level interaction can be created by the incorporation of the following:
- Management and other educational games
- Case studies and case lets
- Discovery and explorations
- Problem solving scenario
The team at ELK Education offers both level of interactive learning options in content development, depending upon the requirement of the content and the determined output.